The Dresden Files: Portland
Killer on the Road
Was kidnapped by a serial killer in Portland when he was 5 years old (1987)
• Killer, Ronald Feeney, used ritualistic styles in his killings
• Edgar was rescued by FBI/Portland police before he became victim but after he witnessed Feeney’s last killing, that of a 17 year old woman (Carol Ann Mosby).
• Feeney was killed in the raid that rescued Edgar
• Feeney’s hideout was on Government Island near the Gateway…
• Abel was in and out of institutions since his ordeal, diagnosed with schizophrenia and bi-polar disorders. Has a history of violent behavior but no homicides.
• Has since “found a calling” and is making his way to Portland. He was last seen in Oklahoma.
• Killed Brendon Adams, Lyst Cathers, Joel Hahn
Was whisked away from his hideout on Government Island by Hubbard. His brief jaunt through the Nevernever broke his fragile mind, causing him to completely mad, thwarting Hubbard’s plan to use him. At Hubbard’s home, he witnesses the confrontation between the Winter fae: first Abby Miyazaki and Gordon Smith versus Hubbard then the arrival of Trevidian. Abby convinces Hubbard to help them against Trevidian to protect Abel and Trevidian retreats to the Nevernever. He returns with Queen Mab herself, who punishes Abby Miyazaki for her foolishness with a cold scar on her face. Then she takes Trevidian back to Arctis Tor.
Gordon and Abby collect Abel to deliver to the mortal authorities, as they had bargained, leaving Hubbard behind.